Friday, February 8, 2013

Concentration 3 and 4


Concentration #3

Concentration #4

*These works relate to my central idea because they continue to chronicle the story of the egg from my first two works. In the 3rd concentration the egg has reached the bottom of the chasm and hatched into some creature, and seems to be preyed upon by many different other creatures. In the 4th concentration the creature uses an odd power to "light the dark". The reason behind why these artworks have little to no color in them is because I wanted to show how dark it was inside of the cave, so much so that you wouldn't be able to see anything in color unless there was light coming in from the outside.

*I believe I have shown growth by getting better at showing my shading with pencil, as well as better establishing my light source. Also, even though this is a fictional world I'm portraying the creature in, I made the mistake in 2 and 3 to make it look abstract, to the point where you wouldn't be able to understand what you were looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment