Thursday, January 17, 2013

Concentration 1/ Explanations for Concentrations 1 & 2



Concentration #1

*These first two works demonstrate my central idea because they begin to tell the story of the flying creature. The creature begins to break out of it's first prison; the egg. In the 2nd concentration, it's violent shaking makes it fall into yet another prison, which won't be so easy to 'break out of'.

*What I feel is successful about each is that I was able to better show the scenes I made in my rough drafts better then how they looked at first. Also because I feel like the story is transitioning nicely. 

*They connect because in both I used chalk pastel, as well as they chronicle the egg's story. They show growth because they are the finalization of the idea I had in the first place.

*The goals I have for my next few works is to continue to show the creature's growth, as well as more openly voice the meanings behind the artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment